Professor (College) - Personal Support Worker Program
Posted on 18-Jun-2020 by Canadore College
Location Nipissing, North Bay
PROFESSOR – PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER PROGRAM (Remote Delivery)
Remote Delivery – 3 hours per week (42 hours total)
START/END DATE(S): September 14, 2020 to December 18, 2020
Location: Wiikwemikoong Unceded Territory
COMMUNICATIONS: CMM125 – COLLEGE COMMUNICATIONS I
DEADLINE: TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2020 – 12:00 P.M.
- Graduate of a relevant Diploma and/or Degree or at least three years of recent work experience in the field of study
- Bachelor of Education Degree or Teaching Certificate is an asset
- A good understanding of the needs of Indigenous learners
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in learning management systems as well as the use of remote delivery and educational technologies
- Highly effective communication, presentation and organizational skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach CMM125 Communications
- Work closely with students to provide a dynamic learning environment in remote deliver model.
- Perform all responsibilities associated with the learning environment including preparation, delivery and evaluation of theory and practical learning activities, curriculum development and community liaison
- Intervene with appropriate strategies to support students in consultation with colleagues and the Personal Support Worker Program team.