Professor (Introductory Chemistry) - College
Posted on 05-Dec-2018 by Canadore College
Location Nipissing, North Bay
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science; relevant Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to determine proper measurement techniques; describe the characteristics of the different states of matter and atoms; explain the physical and chemical properties of elements and compounds; explain the nature of balanced chemical equation; perform calculations using balanced chemical equations, etc.
- Ability to teach laboratories applicable to the chemistry principles from the lectures
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
- experience in the development and delivery of blended and online curriculum is an asset
- Highly effective communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary setting is an asset
- Plan, deliver and evaluate effective learning related to Introductory Chemistry
- Work closely with students and colleagues to provide an optimal learning environment.
- Perform all responsibilities associated with the learning environment including preparation and organization of theory and clinical learning activities, evaluation, and community liaison.