Posted on 04-Dec-2018 by Near North District School Board
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules and monitors tasks assigned to the purchasing department.
- Ensures adherence to all policies governing procurement such as Board purchasing policies, the BPS Procurement Directive and all relevant legislation including legal, audit, environmental and safety.
- Responsible for the complete competitive bid process, including working with Board Departments/Schools in the development and preparation of specifications and documentation, all required follow-up, consultation, bid opening, bid evaluation and award.
- Monitor, research and evaluate Board purchasing trends, making recommendations, improvements and standardization as required.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current policies, practices and legislation affecting purchasing and procurement.
- Problem solve questions and assist internal staff and suppliers regarding procurement of goods and services.
- Processing of requisitions into purchase orders.
- Responsible for contract management and tender scheduling/renewals.
- Responsible for disposal of Board assets.
- Stock-file maintenance and administration.
- Act as customs broker for supplies and materials crossing the border.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Business and/or Accounting or 3-year diploma in Business or Accounting.
- Purchasing accreditation through the Ontario Public Buyers Association or Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a purchasing or financial accounting position, preferably in government funded environment.
- Experience in computerized purchasing/accounting, preferably in an education or municipal accounting environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of public procurement and the purchasing-accounts payable cycle, as well as tax and duty legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Board provided computer-based technologies to create, manipulate, store and retrieve information, and communicate to others.
- Strong organizational, mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with time sensitive and confidential materials.
Instructions for Applying: