Posted on 07-Jan-2021 by Boart Longyear
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Job Description :
This position is for a 12-month contract.
Boart Longyear is accepting resumes for the role of Quality Technician based in North Bay, Ontario. As the Quality Technician, you will work with production personnel to address quality issues that arise during daily production. You will also work with the inspection department on First Article and production inspection, assist with production issues that arise and plan quality improvements based on monthly quality data for continuous improvement activities.
- NCR Review
- Claim Review
- ISO Audits (9001:2015, 14000 & 18001)
- Production spot audits.
- Gauge Calibration review.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of ISO systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Theories
- Knowledge of Gauging principles
- Knowledge of Metrology
- Strong communication skills in English (French an asset)
- Experience in a union shop an asset
- Self-starter that seeks out opportunities for improvements
- Works well with minimal direction
- Not afraid to ask for assistance or clarification
- Valid Driver’s licence an asset
- MS Office Suite
- Experience with MRP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of Fanuc control (Okuma, Mori Seki, Matsuura Mills & Lathes)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- College Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture. We also know you want a company that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. We offer:
- Strong compensation plan
- Competitive Benefit program (Life, Disability, Health & Dental)
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Robust Vacation Program
About Boart Longyear:
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies with a substantial presence in aftermarket parts and service. The company provides mineral exploration services and drilling products for the global mining industry and has a presence in drilling water exploration, environmental sampling, energy, and oil sands exploration.
The Global Drilling Services division operates for a diverse mining customer base spanning a wide range of commodities, including copper, gold, nickel, zinc, uranium and other metals and minerals. The Global Products division designs, manufactures and sells drilling equipment, performance tooling, down-hole instrumentation and parts and services.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA with operations around the globe in 40 countries with 5,000 employees. We are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX: BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).