Registered Practical Nurse - Transfer
Posted on 08-Jul-2020 by West Nipissing General Hospital
Location Nipissing, West Nipissing
The Registered Practical Transfer Nurse is an integral part of the health care team who provides quality nursing care to patients/residents who require transfers to and from other institutions. The Transfer Nurse is responsible for all aspects of patient care taking into consideration the individual’s care requirements. The Transfer Nurse adheres to all policies and procedures, and works within her/his scope of practice.
Position: Transfer Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Job Status: Temporary, Casual
Salary Range: $29.91- $30.67 an hour
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Practical Nursing Diploma with Medication Administration
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- IV Therapy an asset
- Related experience an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team Computer proficiency is an asset
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance record
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Demonstrated commitment to the health and safety of patients, fellow workers, volunteers, students and visitors
- Days, evenings, nights, weekends,
- Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Applications for the above position will be accepted by email please visit https://www.wngh.ca/careers/job-opportunities/ to apply.
For the protection of our patients and residents, the hospital requires successful candidates to submit a satisfactory criminal record check (vulnerable sector search) dated within 6 months as a condition of employment.
The WNGH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Version française disponible au Bureau des Ressources Humaines
Reference ID: 2020-31