Posted on 24-Jul-2020 by North East Local Health Integration Network
Location Nipissing, North Bay
JOB POSTING #073-20
POSTING DATE: July 24, 2020
JOB TITLE: Rehabilitation Assistant – Temporary, Full-time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: In-Home Therapy (NB RA PTR-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: OPSEU
LOCATIONS: North Bay
LANGUAGE(S): English and French
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 5, 2020 to November 5, 2021
The Rehabilitation Assistant provides therapy assistance and administrative support to Physiotherapy and/or Occupational Therapy staff.
· Combined Physiotherapist Assistant and Occupational Therapist Assistant certificate from a recognized Community College or equivalent post-secondary training;
· Relevant experience assisting registered therapists in a community/health care environment;
· Knowledge of physiotherapy and occupational therapy professions;
· Clear understanding of the scope and limitations of the Rehabilitation Assistant’s role and their relationship with the registered therapist;
· General understanding of the roles of health care professionals;
· Knowledge of equipment, modalities, materials, and intervention processes used in the provision of physiotherapy and occupational therapy services;
· Familiar with rehabilitation principals and clinical terminology used in interventions;
· Knowledge of applicable CPO and/or COTO professional guidelines;
· Ability to accurately prepare required documentation, forms, and materials for patient files and/or NE LHIN;
· Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
· Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
· Ability to work collaboratively with registered therapists and accept work direction when assisting with patient interventions;
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work with diverse patient groups, case managers, family members/caregivers/Substitute Decision Makers, health care professionals, community organizations and service providers;
· Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including reports, letters, meetings, and presentations;
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail.
Applications received after the date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting number 073-20 when applying