Posted on 08-Sep-2020 by First Peoples Wellness Ciricle
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Researcher will be responsible for leading the work on research projects and gathering and preparing knowledge and evidence on projects of priority to First Peoples Wellness Circle.
- A Graduate/Master’s Degree OR higher in a health or social science discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of related research experience preferably in the mental health and/or social services sector in an Indigenous/First Nations community setting
- A valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal insured vehicle
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of First Nation, Inuit and Metis cultures
- Ability to work in a manner respectful of First Nations, Inuit and Metis cultures, values, and beliefs
- Knowledge or use of an Indigenous language and/or bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
- Skilled in the application of research design and implementation
- Demonstrates advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and is detail oriented
- Able to support the practical application of the research agenda and findings
- Strong skills in community research practices and familiarity with OCAP principles
- Proficient in using research and analytic online tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Power Point, Publisher and Excel
- Ability to work effectively and liaise with partners, stakeholders and colleagues
- High level of professionalism and able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Location: This position has a remote work location from the main office located in North Bay, ON. Individuals from Ontario may be preferred and/or other regions will be considered.
Duration: Full time position.