Posted on 14-Aug-2020 by Nipissing Mental Health Housing & Support Services
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Competition number 2020-28
Position: Residential Worker
Status: TEMPORARY Contract – PANDEMIC COVERAGE
Site: Low Barrier Shelter
Reporting to the program manager Residential Workers provide hands on assistance to clients of Nipissing Mental Health Housing and Support Services. Residential Workers will be responsible for providing basic care and focusing on the client’s activities of daily living.
- A negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must be able to perform the physical willingness of the job; lifting, carrying, positioning, transferring, holding, bending.
- Residential Worker (PSW) certificate or 1-2 years of experience without a PSW certificate is preferred.
- Recent experience working with vulnerable populations, specifically adults living with a serious and persistent mental illness and/or ABI and complex healthcare needs is preferred.
- Current CPR certificate- level C is preferred.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training is preferred.
- Current Safe Food Handling course is preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as per PHIPA(Personal Health Information Protection Act)
- Willing and able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Candidates will be selected for the position based on their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in their resume. Preference will be given to those who have a PSW certificate, Residential Worker experience, Addictions Worker experience and/or demonstrated experience working with vulnerable populations.
Shift: Days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays; initially 8-hour shifts.
French Language Services:
Bilingualism is an asset.
$41,775……………..$46,338 annually* (*based on full-time hours)