Retail Clerk - Grocery (Student)
Posted on 14-May-2020 by Sobeys
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Requisition ID: 83781
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
City: North Bay
Location: 3715 Algonquin Sobeys
Postal Code: P1B 4Y8
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We are excited to have you join our team this summer!
We hope to provide you with a general understanding of our grocery business and provide you with opportunities to work in a variety of service departments.
Our teammates are responsible for carrying out a full range of duties in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. You will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- We offer a variety of experiences in our stores. These could include:
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Handle, organize, and rotate product
- Process customer grocery orders
- Learn and develop product knowledge including product changes and seasonal requirements
- Stay updated with weekly and in-store specials
- Cash management procedures
- Record information in appropriate logs
- Program execution of merchandising product
- Handle and prepare grocery products
- Actively promote products
- Support sanitization and safety standards in store
- Other duties as required
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Eagerness and initiative to learn
- Flexible working hours including evenings and weekends
- Adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, standard operating procedures, corporate policies and health and safety, and other programs and initiatives
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.