Posted on 10-Jul-2020 by Commissionaires
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Commissionaires is hiring Security Guards in North Bay. If you are interested in a career in security, we are interested in you! This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to enhance their experience in security, gain valuable experience in the industry or as a key stepping stone to entering law enforcement. Commissionaires offers our employees opportunities for growth and advancement within our organization. We pay industry leading wages, provide free training and uniforms, as well as a complete benefits package and RRSP program.
Skills or experience:
- Previous experience in security industry (or genuine interest in the security industry)
- Customer service experience/interpersonal skills
- Various positions such as Reception, Foot Patrol and Access Control
- Positions could include long periods of walking, standing or sitting
What’s in it for you?
- An ideal opportunity to enhance their experience in security, gain valuable experience in the industry or as a key stepping stone to entering law enforcement
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Industry leading wages, free training and free uniforms
- A complete benefits package including health insurance
You’re a good fit if…
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have good judgement
- Have keen sense of observation and detailed report writing skills
- Hold a positive and can do attitude
- Are reliable and committed
- Think on your feet and problem solve
- Work alone or as part of a team
- Possess an Ontario Guard Licence or able to obtain
- Flexible and willing to work rotating shifts (days, overnights, evenings, weekends)
- Available for part-time and full-time work
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance – Level Reliability
- Fluent in English & French
- Able to walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Email
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO: Veterans, former RCMP or other police service members and/or possess Police Foundations certification (or equivalent)
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.