Security System Technician
Posted on 29-Mar-2021 by True Steel Security
Location Nipissing, North Bay
True Steel Security, a division of Northern Communication Services Inc., is seeking an individual to fill the full-time role of Security Technician at our North Bay office.
Our technicians are responsible for the installation of access control, CCTV and security systems. We are seeking someone with hands on, technical experience and/or education. Candidate must also be computer literate, able to lift 50 pounds, and comfortable climbing ladders. Low voltage experience is a plus. Basic computer knowledge, especially networking would be helpful. A valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract is necessary.
Skills/Qualifications: - Experience with power and hand tools - Electronics background, or high school / college level training- IT knowledge is helpful - Must provide clear criminal record check - Excellent communication (verbal and written) & listening skills * Install alarm systems, camera systems, Access Control Systems * Provide excellent customer service to new and existing customer base as well as training to the end-user on the system * Complete all required paperwork /email reports on a Daily and timely basis *Participate in initial and ongoing training sessions.
- Install, service and maintain CCTV (Network Video, Digital Video and Hybrid Video Systems), video security systems into businesses and residences.
- Installation/service/maintenance of Access Control Systems, Intrusion Alarm Systems, Intercoms and Telephone Entry Systems also required.
- Install & run CAT5e, coaxial, and related cabling for video/security systems using ladder, scissor or other aerial lifts.
- Maintain the highest quality standards and work under the direction of the Service Manager.
- Maintain accurate records and document installation, service and maintenance work.
- Maintain vehicle inventory for parts and tools. Responsible for overall cleanliness of vehicle, both interior and exterior.
- Read and decipher building/system plans or drawings.
- Interact, train and converse with customers and vendors with regard to Security Alarms; Access Control; CCTV/Video systems (among other service provisions), including other service providers.
- Report to Service Manager on potential issues and trends in the field.
- Understand and comply with all Company policies and procedures as well as those of the Technical department.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by following safe practices.
- Must maintain confidentiality for both True Steel Security and customers information.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Experience/Requirements: Candidates who have experience with video security, CCTV, Access Control, multi-zone Intrusion Alarm Systems. Computer Network Experience andQualifications would be a strong asset to this position. Certificate or degree in electronics or formal technical factory training is a plus.
- Graduate of an Electronics Engineering Technician or Technologist Course or equivalent experience is also an asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record. Driver Abstract will be required.
- Clean criminal record check required.
- Must be well-organized, self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Possess high mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to climb ladders and scaffolding and lift 50lbs. in a construction environment as required.
- Able to operate standard hand tools, as well as specialized tools of the trade.
- Must maintain professional ethics, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to train end-users in the proper operation of their system.
- Work with Sales to ensure systems are designed and engineered as required.
- Maximize productivity to limit downtime.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and take shared shifts for on call after hours when required.
Why True Steel Security?
- Health benefits plan
- Matched pension plan
- Continuing education funding
- Free residential alarm monitoring
- Corporate rates for Good Life gym membership
- And much, much more…
True Steel Security is an equal opportunity employer with an Employment Equity Policy and Procedure in place for Designated Groups such as: Women, Aboriginal Peoples, and Persons with disabilities and Members of racially visible groups. We thank all those who submit their resumes. We will only contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.