Service and Warranty Technician
Posted on 09-Jan-2019 by Gincor Werx
Location Nipissing, Mattawa
Gincor Truck & Trailer Werx is an industry leader in high-quality vocational vehicles including dump vehicles, snow plows and other severe service equipment including cranes and pup trailers. Gincor has been ranked as One of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for four consecutive years with PROFIT 500 and has grown to a team of over 500 employees. With 14 locations coast-to-coast, following four decades of success in Central Canada, we offer incredible opportunities for professional advancement and growth.
Job Function Overview:
Diagnose and repair all related systems on dump bodies, snow and ice equipment, and other vocational trucks. This includes lift axles, pumps, PTOs, hydraulic lines, cab controls, cylinders etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will require the ability to troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions, determine extent of repair required, adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
- Accurately record all work done for customer and warranty records.
- Use various welding and cutting equipment including mig, plasma and oxy/acetylene torch.
- Use portable hand tools consistent with industry standards
- Perform inspection of your own work
- Operate forklifts as required
- Complete Quality Inspection Documentation as required
- Work effectively and efficiently to complete your work within the job standard
- Keep work place organized
- Comply with WHMIS and OH&S safety standards and comply with all corresponding administrative procedures.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all shop tools, tool boxes, & miscellaneous shop equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of work bays & tooling on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties, as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Strong mechanical background
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stress management and time management skills
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions
- Proficiency in the safe operation and maintenance of various related equipment and tools
- High School Diploma
- 2-5 Years’ Experience in heavy equipment repair
- Strong background as a mechanic preferably on vocational vehicles
- Experience in the fitting/welder discipline
- Ability to recognize deficiencies of equipment through service inspections
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Able to diagnose and problem solve efficiently
- Ability to be certified in forklifts
- Valid DZ License considered an asset, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Yes (after successfully completing a 90 day probationary period)
Hours of work: 7:00am to 5:00pm with potential for overtime
Equipment required: Steel toed boots with metatarsal guard
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you are looking for a rewarding, challenging and fun career, are results driven, motivated and anxious to become part of a dynamic team then GINCOR Werx is looking for you!
GINCOR Werx offers a challenging, innovative, fast-moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace. Please contact HR should you require special accommodation with the application or interviewing process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. GINCOR Werx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.