Service Desk Professional
Posted on 07-Jan-2019 by Marval North America
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Service Desk Professional
Marval North America, a division of Stroma Service Consulting Inc., is seeking a motivated individual to work as a Service Desk Professional to provide first and second line technical support to internal and external staff. We are the North American distributor of Marval MSM, one of the world’s leading ITIL-compliant ITSM software products.
As an IT Service Management company, we provide software, consulting and training services to various public-sector organizations as well as private sector clients. Marval North America has completed a number of successful projects and has multiple valuable corporate and government project references.
The successful candidate for this position will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
To be successful, the ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills and be able to work well with a team and independently to troubleshoot complex IT implementation issues for client organizations. Our emphasis for recruiting this position includes familiarity and past experience in providing outstanding customer service, as well as a solid background in IT and software development. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- Investigate and troubleshoot IT related issues and record them in the service desk management system.
- Share responsibility for the primary point of contact for the service desk.
- Maintain detailed issue and activity reports.
- Escalate unresolved issues.
- Attend regular departmental meetings.
- Answer customer inquiries/communications as required.
- Provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service.
- Prepare reports and co-ordinate the handling and resolution of difficult and/or unusual situations.
- Initiate and/or implement corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Publish support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Undertake relevant training on products to ensure service provided is current.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Incumbent is required to have progressive customer service experience, must work well under pressure and must be comfortable multi-tasking several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person and via telephone.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- In depth knowledge of the MS Office productivity software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems (Windows XP Pro/7 Pro, Windows Server 2003/2008, etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Working knowledge of mobile devices and smart phones.
- An ITIL certification is desirable, but not required.
- MCP certification would be desirable, but not required.
- Computer programming knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Networking knowledge is an asset.
- French language skills is an asset.