Service Technician - Heavy Equipment
Posted on 11-Sep-2020 by Battlefield Equipment Rentals
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Regional Field Service Technician
Battlefield Equipment Rentals (a division of Toromont Industries Ltd.), one of Canada’s premiere Construction Rental Companies, has an immediate requirement for a Regional Field Service Technician in our North Bay location.
Northern Ontario is a busy, customer driven region requiring skilled technical support for many makes and models of Heavy Equipment. The industry is fast-paced, and requires team orientated individuals, that place a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. Our service departments and service teams are an important part of our business, ensuring that our equipment is ready and available for our customers. This position requires a hard-working, dedicated individual with excellent attention to detail. It is well suited for persons with flexible schedules, able to travel across our Northern Ontario region, who can excel in a busy, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent customer relations, possess strong teamwork ethics, as well as having strong organizational and prioritizing skills. Previous experience with rental equipment or a strong background in a related field would be an asset. Successful Candidates, can expect competitive wages, training, benefits and pension opportunities as a full time employee with our company.
- An experienced technician, or 3rd/4th year apprentice with the ability to diagnosis, perform failure analysis, and repair all types of construction equipment.
- Existing knowledge of construction equipment and building products.
- Hands on experience in the repair and service/maintenance requirements for various types of construction equipment.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with company and factory standards.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team atmosphere.
- Good communication and people skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Operate and maintain a service truck and ensure a safe, clean & organized CVOR log book..
- Clean Class “G” driver’s license.
- All other duties as assigned by the Branch & Service Managers.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Applicant must be able to perform heavy lifting, as heavy lifting will be required frequently.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience with CAT Equipment.
- Apprentices are encouraged to apply.
- Your own tools are required.
Battlefield Equipment is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Battlefield is committed to accommodating employees with disabilities.