Posted on 10-Sep-2020 by West Parry Sound Health Centre
Location Parry Sound, Town of Parry Sound
WEST PARRY SOUND HEALTH CENTRE
JOB POSTING: NON-UNION 2020-179
SOCIAL WORKER (MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS)
NURSE PRACTITIONER LED CLINIC SITES
Temporary Full-Time Position (September 2020 to approximately March 2021)
The West Parry Sound Health Centre currently has an opening for a Social Worker at our six Nurse Practitioner Led Clinics (NPLC) and the Rapid Community Addiction Treatment Team (RCATT). The Social Worker is a member of the inter-disciplinary team and is responsible for the provision of social work services to NPLC sites and surrounding communities in order to achieve optimum psycho-social functioning, prevent unnecessary deterioration, and promote patient independence.
Our beautiful health centre is located on the shores of spectacular Georgian Bay, and our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
Usual working hours will be day shift, Monday to Friday, although some extended and/or weekend hours may be required. Travel between NPLC sites will be required.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Registered Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW);
- Relevant social work experience in a community/health care environment;
- Experience in Addiction Medicine;
- Comprehensive knowledge of social work interventions, practice methods, and professional skills;
- Knowledge of other community resources, funding agencies, treatment centres, social service networks, and organizations;
- Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals;
- Up-to-date knowledge of social work theories, practices, and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize professional duties and manage caseload in a time efficient manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Must have valid Ontario driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle, as travel is required;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to confidentiality;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate grammar, and the ability to respond to difficult questions;
- Demonstrated strong ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of the West Parry Sound Health Centre: Compassion, Accountability, Rights and Responsibility, Excellence, Safety.