Supervisor - Facilities and Parking
Posted on 07-Jan-2019 by City of North Bay
Location Nipissing, North Bay
The City of North Bay is currently seeking a Facilities and Parking Supervisor reporting to the Facilities Manager. The Facilities and Parking Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day
operational components associated to Municipal parking and City Hall maintenance operations. This position works with Corporate Facilities to establish and maintain building preventative
maintenance programs and energy conservation plans for the Infrastructure and Operations Business Unit facilities including but not limited to City Hall, Transit Centre, various Parks
Buildings and Municipal Parking lots and structures.
The Supervisor assists with Capital and Operating budget preparation for the Parking Department, Corporate Facilities and Parks Capital projects. This position assists in the planning,
development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing Corporate Facilities projects and operational policies.
-Post-secondary diploma management, mechanical engineering, construction or architectural program or related field of study or demonstrated capabilities in facility management
- Three (3) years’ experience facility, construction and/or project management preferably in a municipal/unionized setting.
- Project Management Certificate or equivalent proven experience.
- Technical knowledge of commercial building systems.
- Experience in preventative maintenance oversight, environmental and energy conservation principles and construction project management
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Risk Management
- Skilled in the leadership, supervision and management of staff
- Familiarity with relevant code, legislation, regulation as well as construction standards (OBC, TSSA, OHSA, MOL, MOE, OESC,ASHRAE)
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent public relations and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, strong in Word and Excel
- Ability to organize and plan work to meet priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of parking theory, by-laws and operation
- Knowledge of linear civil infrastructure
- Working experience in a unionized environment with proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of municipal procurement policies for equipment and services
- Computer skills in HTE, Questica, HANSEN, GIS, Project Management Software