Supervisor - Housekeeping
Posted on 06-Sep-2020 by Homewood Suites by Hilton
Location Nipissing, North Bay
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
To be responsible for the professional and cost effective running of the department achieving standards of cleanliness and guest care as required by hotel and brand standards & procedures.
KEY BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
To assist the Housekeeping Manager in Maintaining the Key Objectives.
2) Guest Care/Service Culture
3) Property Cleanliness
4) Team Communication
1. To be responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms ensuring through inspection that standards of cleanliness and guest comfort are maintained in accordance with the company and brand standards & procedures manual.
2. To assist the Housekeeping Manager with planning, organizing and keeping an accurate record by room/area of all deep cleaning carried out to ensure maximum cleanliness and logical work patterns as required by company policy.
3. To be responsible for the handling of all guest laundry/cleaning of staff uniforms and handling of lost and found in accordance with property and company standard.
4. To liaise with Guest Services and Maintenance in regard to readiness of rooms with particular attention to guests’ special requirements and VIP rooms as required by Property policy.
5. To ensure corridors, staff areas and public areas are cleaned to standards required by property and brand policy.
6. To assist with logging lost and found items, calling and arranging the return of items to guests.
7. To assist with the organization of linen rooms and storage rooms. Ensuring all rooms are fully stocked, neat and organized at all times. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To achieve effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, together with regular departmental meetings as required by company and brand policy.
2. To ensure full adherence to hygiene, health, safety and emergency procedures as required by law and company policy.
3. To carry out any reasonable request.
4. To ensure that standards of punctuality, staff appearance and dress are maintained at all times in line with property and company policy.
5. To maintain a professional profile within the property accepting the responsibility of Manager on Duty as requested by the General Manager and achieving standards required by company policy.
6. To generate team commitment to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
7. To carry out the duties of a staff member or provide assistance as necessary to achieve required standards, productivity and guest care.
8. To ensure all staff are competent in the safe and effective use of equipment/chemicals in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
9. To be committed to guest satisfaction with any comments or complaints being actioned by following procedures laid down by property and company policy.
10. To ensure compliance with company and house rules.
11. To ensure adherence to procedures laid down in the Property Crisis Communication Plan in line with company policy.
12. To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety by ensuring full adherence to security procedures and proper handling of keys/cash by all department members in line with company policy.
13. To assist the Housekeeping Manager with completing month end and year end duties in line with company policy.