Support Service Aide
Posted on 08-Jan-2021 by Plan A Health Care Staffing Solutions
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Plan A is a staffing agency that supports Long Term Care (LTC) homes who are experiencing staffing shortages. We are currently looking for Support Service Aides (SSAs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Responsibilities and duties:
The specific responsibilities and duties vary slightly between facilities, as well as from shift to shift. These expectations will be communicated during the site-specific orientation to each facility
SSAs are expected to:
Provide support to various departments within Long Term Care Homes including Personal Support, Laundry, Housekeeping and Food Services. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to Personal Support Workers in caring for residents
- Visiting with residents
- Portering residents
- Washing floors
- Cleaning surfaces
- Setting & clearing tables
- Washing dishes
- Treating soiled laundry
- Washing and drying laundry
- Folding laundry
- Making beds
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A high school diploma is preferred
- Experience working in a health care setting or some post-secondary education in a healthcare field preferred
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional and flexible
- LTC experience considered an asset
Please be advised, at this time we are giving preference to individuals who:
1. Do not have another healthcare employer
2. Are willing to commute to a facility that may be out or your region (if there is no local availability). Our Recruiters can explain this in further detail.
- Industry leading wages; $17-21/hr (SSA wage will be increased to $18.50/hr as of January 1st, 2021)
- Flexible scheduling using the StaffStat mobile app
- All work assignments are in a single LTC home
- Access to Plan A on-call personnel 24/7
- Incentives for out of town opportunities including hotel accommodation, and mileage coverage; a great way to experience new towns and cities!
Do you want to learn more about the employment opportunities Plan A offers before applying? Use the link below to request a call back from one of our recruiters!
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.