Support Services Assistant
Posted on 23-Jul-2020 by Cassellholme Home for the Aged
Location Nipissing, North Bay
This is a one year contract position; You will be expected to work every second weekend.
Under the direction of the Manager Support Services, the Support Services Assistant will assume clerical duties to support food service operations in the Home
While specific assignments may vary on a daily or weekly basis, the following outlines the general requirements of a Support Services Assistant:
- Organize and maintain accurate records of inventory in the storeroom, freezers, refrigerated storage;
- Upkeep of expiry date of inventory that can be utilized with adjustments in menu, nourishment or requisition;
- Maintain accurate records of small wares used in portion control and temperature control and timely communication of re-stocking requirements;
- Production and delivery of menus for posting and Resident Modified Menu Selection Sheets;
- Photocopy and date all cycle menus and lunch and supper menus for the dining rooms;
- Prepare and distribute the daily resident nourishments, special orders and tray tags to the appropriate staff members;
- Prepare and distribute the daily production lists & labels to the appropriate staff members;.
- Prepare and distribute all regular daily NFS information to staff;
- Provide assistance to the Meals on Wheels Coordinators, Volunteers and staff., prepare labels land maintains the MOW Database;
- Posts departmental schedules as required.
- Update scheduling and attendance data and post departmental schedules as needed;
- Organize and maintain a system of supply for the filling of requisitions;
- Perform photocopying, filing of documents and assistance with administrative projects;
- Maintain an efficient and positive working relationship with all departments of Cassellholme;.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Minimum of one (1) year administrative experience in institutional food services preferred;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database application software;
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication skills (written and verbal), be self-directed and display excellent judgement/decision-making.
- Capable of working in a fast paced and demanding environment;
- Attention to detail, capable of performing accurate data entry;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Participating in interdisciplinary committees as required;
- Demonstrates regular attendance in keeping with the Attendance Management Program standards.
- Post-secondary certification or diploma in office administration or related discipline
- Must be fluent in the English language