Support Services Coordinator
Posted on 23-Jul-2020 by Cassellholme Home for the Aged
Location Nipissing, North Bay
As a member of the Support Services Team, you will assist the Manager of Support Services with all phases of a food service programs and Housekeeping and Laundry Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans menus; reviews recipes, special diets and other food requests; approves daily requisitioning of foodstuffs;
- Prepares production schedules based on knowledge of equipment and employee capability and knowledge of food preparation times; instructs subordinates in the preparation of foods for special diets;
- Inspects food from time of delivery through its dispersal to maintain standards of nutritional value, appearance and flavor; controls food distribution to serving areas and individual portion control;
- Makes menu rounds with the residents’ choice menus and communicates with the Dietitian concerning special requests or menu changes; maintains resident files in consultation with the Dietitian to ensure special needs are documented;
- Maintaining production sheets for cook-chill system and main kitchen sheets to ensure that appropriate items are available for cooks;
- Facilitating preparation, production and delivery of Meals on Wheels services;
- In coordination with the Manager of Support Services plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of subordinate staff performing a variety of Housekeeping, Laundry and Dietary functions.;
- Oversees the cleanliness and sanitation of the work areas within Housekeeping, Laundry and Dietary areas;
- Ensures compliance with MOHLTC ACT/Regulations.
- Motivate employees as well as take necessary steps and recommend discipline if necessary in order to improve behaviors.
- Audit daily staff activities to determine that instructions, procedures and safety practices for staff and residents are followed and standards are met
- Conducts regular inspections of the work area to ensure the health and safety of staff
- Audit the personal and linen laundry services
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Successful completion of a Food & Nutrition Management Certificate or related field;
- Eligible for membership in the Ontario Society of Nutrition Management;
- Experience in institutional health care environment is preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent team building, collaboration and leadership skills;.
- Working knowledge of normal and therapeutic nutrition in a LTC setting;
- Demonstrates regular attendance in keeping with standards of Attendance Support Program;
- Environmental Services Certificate (Level 1 & 2) is an asset