Posted on 16-Nov-2018 by Almaguin Highlands Community Living
Location Parry Sound, Powassan
Assist and accompany people with developmental disabilities as they navigate life on a daily basis. Must be motivated, work well under minimal supervision and be 'person-centered'.
Assistance could be in the form of daily living skills, administering meds, attending community events, assisting with employment or volunteer opportunities, personal finances, medical appointments or other needs.
Could be in the person's home, or in a group home setting.
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma in Social Services field.
- Minimum of one year experience in supporting people who have a developmental disability.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated abilities in the area of program design, implementation, evaluation, etc.
- Maturity, ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certificates.
- Favorable criminal reference check for Vulnerable Sector
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a minimum of $1,000,000. liability insurance. Must have access to a vehicle with the proper endorsement for transporting individuals.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position