Technical Editor (Student)
Posted on 05-Apr-2021 by Stantec
Location Nipissing, North Bay
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in technical writing and editing to join our team and advance their career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Edit and format technical and non-technical documents in accordance with established style guides
- Use and create document templates to be used for internal and external documents
- Assist with document management and document control
- Edit content for various media outputs
- Follow quality assurance measures throughout the document process
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer and word processing skills
- Ability to tailor editing based on project needs, style guides, and the level of editing a document requires (proofread, substantive, etc).
- Ability to negotiate content changes with internal and external authors
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Experience with MS Visio, SharePoint and Teams considered an asset
- Visual design skills to produce appealing and engaging documents and training materials
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize work and multi-task
- Flexibility to work with teams in various time zones
- Ability to adapt based on constructive criticism
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will be currently enrolled in or have graduated from a post-secondary program in technical writing, editing, communication, or a related field. We will consider candidates with related work experience in technical writing and those with experience in instructional design.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.