Technician - Weapons
Posted on 29-Dec-2020 by 33 Service Battalion
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Must be a Canadian citizen in order to apply.
Weapons Technicians maintain and repair weapons, weapons systems, and ancillary equipment. They are members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Corps of Royal Canadian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. They also are responsible for the maintenance and repair of miscellaneous equipment such as scales, hydraulic lifts, locks and security containers, personal flotation devices, rebreathers, and equipment for heating, cooking and lighting in the field. Weapons Technicians are primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following equipment:
- Rifles, submachine-guns and handguns
- Machine-guns and non-guided anti-tank weapons
- Sub-calibre adapters
- Training devices, including simulators
- Grenade projectors, mortars and launcher systems
- Light weapons and turret systems for armoured fighting vehicles
This position is currently available for part-time employment with the Army Reserve within the 33 Service Battalion in North Bay. Reserve members may serve while attending school or working at a full time civilian job. When you join the Army Reserve, you will first have to complete your Basic Military Qualification courses, which may require travelling out of province. Additional training and courses are dependent on your trade.
Typical work commitment is one evening per week as well as one weekend per month, from September until May. Full-time employment opportunities are also available. As an Army Reservist there are no long-term commitments and you do not have to deploy on any operations unless you volunteer to do so.
The Army Reserve offers a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive federal pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Access to fitness facilities
- Reimbursement program for school fees for any College or University Program under certain conditions and to a maximum of $8,000 during your career
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be between 16 and 57 years old (parental consent under 18 years old);
- Have successfully completed Grade 10 (Level 1)
For more information regarding part time opportunities or to setup an appointment on how to complete the online application, please call (705) 472 9305, EXT: 5151, or by email through this advertisement.
Visit www.forces.ca today to apply online for all Army Reserve opportunities
Reference ID: Weapons Tech