Traffic Control Person
Posted on 19-Jun-2020 by Coco Paving Inc.
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Coco Paving, with over 50 years of expertise in vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development projects is hiring Labourers/Traffic Control Persons for a road construction project in the North Bay area.
This is a full-time seasonal position.
What is involved?
- Direct traffic flow through or around construction sites
- Digging, spreading, levelling and compacting earth, aggregate, concrete or asphalt materials by hand
- Lifting and handling building materials, tools, and supplies
- Knowledge of rigging practices
- Cleaning tools, equipment, materials and work areas
- Use of some powered tools such as jack-hammers, saws and packers
- May assist in placement of traffic control signs and markers along site in accordance with the Traffic Protection Plan
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Follow safe working procedures and wear proper personal protective equipment
What is required?
- Regularly works in outside conditions that include inclement weather, cold, heat and humidity, rain, snow and exposure to dust
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects and stand for extended durations
- Generally requires working extended hours
- Willing to travel
- Valid Driver’s License and clear driver's abstract
What is nice to have?
- Mechanical aptitude
We offer a competitive compensation and the opportunity to work for a well-established, stable and growing company.
If you are a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!