Posted on 05-Jan-2021 by 33 Service Battalion
Location Nipissing, North Bay
Must be a Canadian citizen in order to apply.
Vehicle Technicians maintain, repair, and overhaul land vehicles and related equipment to keep them in top condition. Vehicle Technicians belong to the Corps of Royal Canadian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. A Vehicle Technician has the following responsibilities:
- Inspect, repair, overhaul and modify all types of automotive equipment and components
- Repair, adjust and modify automotive systems
- Repair, adjust, overhaul and modify powered equipment such as electrical generators and fuel-fired heating devices
- Use and maintain common and specialized tools, basic garage hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic equipment and oxyacetylene welding equipment
- Carry out the recovery of all types of vehicles used in the land forces, utilizing standard towing trucks and specialized tracked and wheeled recovery vehicles
- Drive all types of vehicles ranging from small support wheel vehicles to tank transporters
- Prepare and process maintenance documentation dealing with work orders, individual time cards and parts request forms
This position is currently available for part-time employment with the Army Reserve within the 33 Service Battalion, North Bay. Reserve members may serve while attending school or working at a full time civilian job. When you join the Army Reserve, you will first have to complete your Basic Military Qualification courses, which may require travelling out of province. Additional training and courses are dependent on your trade.
Typical work commitment is one evening per week as well as one weekend per month, from September until May. Full-time employment opportunities are also available. As an Army Reservist there are no long-term commitments and you do not have to deploy on any operations unless you volunteer to do so.
The Army Reserve offers a benefits package that includes:
- A competitive federal pension plan
- Dental insurance
- Access to fitness facilities
- Reimbursement program for school fees for any College or University Program under certain conditions and to a maximum of $8,000 during your career
In order to apply, candidates must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen;
- Be between 16 and 57 years old (parental consent under 18 years old);
- Have successfully completed Grade 10 (Level 1)
For more information regarding part time opportunities or to setup an appointment on how to complete the online application, please call (709) 733 3906, text (709) 351 6225, or by email through this advertisement.
Visit www.forces.ca today to apply online for all Army Reserve opportunities.
Reference ID: Vehicle Tech